Back to Top
Posts Tagged: contest
All 5 challenges of the Spring 2021 Minimizing Misinformation series are ready for you to flex your muscles and test your information fluency skills.
Remember the more challenges you complete, the more prizes you win!
1 challenge = Coveted UCF Libraries Sticker pack
3 challenges = UCF Libraries duckie Temporary Tattoo
5 challenges = Grand prize pack!
Open to UCF students, faculty and staff!
Congratulations to our 2019 Poetry Contest winners!
They each received a #UCFLibrary waterbottle and their work as been added to the KnightVerse, the student writing contest section of UCF Libraries’ digital repository, STARS.
“Fountain Finals” by Tim Walker
“Together Apart” by Abel Birchfield
Congratulations to our two Knight Terror: Haunting the Stacks winners!
1st place: “The Name Book” by Daniel Ceruti
2nd place: “Jaw Breaker” by Morgan Campbell
Both are now a part of our KnightVerse in STARS!
Thank you to everyone who submitted a story. There were a lot of very scary stories to choose from which made judging very exciting.
What terrors lurk in the shadows of a library? What scary thoughts creep through your mind when the stacks are quiet? What spooky creatures skulk in the edges of your vision?
Submit your scary story for the second annual Knight Terror Library writing contest by 11:59 pm on October 22, 2018 to see if you cause the best fright.
- Contest for UCF students only
- One entry per student
- 500 words or less
- The story should be themed in or around libraries in general
- Stories with explicit sexual content will not be considered for this contest
Submit your scary short story here: ucflib.fyi/knightterror
Winners be announced on October 31, and be immortalized in STARS KnightVerse. First place wins a special UCF Libraries prize pack. Second place wins a Library Construction duck.
The Summer Knights Reading Challenge starts June 1 and ends August 1, 2018
- Open to all UCF students, faculty, and staff.
- It’s easy! Just track the number of pages for each unique book read using our form linked below (available beginning Friday, June 1).
- For e-books and audiobooks, simply verify the number of pages in the actual book using Amazon or another source.
- Reach the goal of reading 500 pages and win a prize pack!
- All participants will be entered into weekly drawings for gift cards to BurgerFi, Jeremiah’s Italian Ice, Metro Diner, and Smoothie King.
- The top three people who read the most pages overall will win grand prizes.
Enter your books on this form.