John C. Hitt Library
Rooms for individual and group study. Rooms are available for currently enrolled UCF students and can be reserved for a maximum of four hours per group per day. Rooms are not locked but if you do not reserve the room, you will be asked to leave if another group makes a reservation. May be reserved seven days in advance.
Faculty/Graduate Study Rooms are only available to currently enrolled UCF Graduate students and currently employed Faculty members. These study rooms can be reserved for a maximum of four hours per group per day. A valid UCF ID card or government issued ID is required for checkout at the 2nd floor circulation desk. May be reserved seven days in advance.
The John C. Hitt Library also features study areas enhanced with technology. These are open-air locations located on the 2nd and 3rd floors. Click here to learn more about these areas and features included.
Study Room Features
The Rosen Library offers three group study rooms. Each is equipped with a table and five chairs, a large display, computer, and Blu-Ray player.
Availability and Eligibility
- Rooms are available for currently enrolled UCF students. A valid UCF ID card or government issued ID is required for checkout at the Rosen Library front desk.
- Individuals may book a maximum of 2 hours per day. Groups are permitted a maximum of 4 hours per day.
- Library staff may extend, alter, or cancel a reservation at their discretion. If you would like to request an extension, please see library staff.
- Reservations made in excess of daily limits will be cancelled by staff.
- Please arrive promptly for your reservation. There is a 15 minute grace period before no-show reservations are cancelled. Please contact the library if you expect to be late.
- Please vacate the room and return the key 5 minutes prior to the end of your time in order to be courteous to others who have booked the room. Study room keys must be returned 15 minutes before closing time.
- Overdue fines for study room keys are $1.00 per hour. The fines will continue to accrue until the item is returned.
- Please do not disconnect or reconfigure any devices in the room. Please see staff for technology troubleshooting.
- All Library policies (e.g., no hot meals, beverages in sealed containers, cell phones set on vibrate, etc.) apply to study rooms as well. Rooms are not soundproof, so please keep noise levels to a minimum.
- See also: Study and Presentation Rooms Policy for UCF Libraries
Curriculum Materials Center
The Curriculum Materials Center has two study rooms that can be checked out for two hours at a time. The study rooms are checked out on a first come first served basis. Since there are only two study rooms, there is a thirty minute wait before renewing the room check out.