Planning a search strategy is the first step to fast and efficient research. Check out this week’s Research Tip Thursday and learn a tried and true technique to make you a master strategist in less than 2 minutes!
Each semester the UCF Libraries offer workshops for graduate and postdoctoral researchers as part of the College of Graduate Studies Pathways to Success program.
Please let your students know about these online workshops. For fall 2020 all workshops will take place virtually through Zoom. Students can register by logging in at myUCF – Student Center – Graduate Students – Pathways to Success
Details and a full listing of library workshop sessions: https://guides.ucf.edu/graduateworkshops. For questions or to request a customized workshop, please contact Corinne Bishop, UCF Graduate Engagement Librarian.
When you are writing papers and paraphrasing secondary sources do you find yourself wondering if you are changing it enough? For tips on how to avoid plagiarizing by under paraphrasing, check out the first video in a new series called Research Tips Thursday!
Each Thursday we will be posting quick videos to help you build your research skills. Be sure to visit https://guides.ucf.edu/rtt to see the latest video, look for what’s ahead and sign up to be notified when new content posts.
The John C. Hitt Library has re-opened with limited in-person and virtual services for the fall semester. We wanted to update you on some new spaces and re-location on some services. We have a beautiful, new main entrance on the Student Union Plaza side. Once you enter you will find the new and bigger Circulation Desk. Our “legacy” entrance (near the reflecting pond) is still available too.
The LibTech Desk (originally on the third floor), is now located on the main floor at what used to be the Circulation Desk (right inside the legacy entrance). New this semester is an amazing new Reading Room on the 4th Floor with 270-degree views of the campus!
John C. Hitt hours for fall semester: Monday-Thursday, 8AM – 6PM; Friday, 8AM – 5PM; Saturday, 10AM – 6PM; Sunday, Noon – 6PM.
• 21st Century Library Expansion: https://library.ucf.edu/21st
• Updates on Services: https://library.ucf.edu/coronavirus
• Remote Resources: https://guides.ucf.edu/covid
Charge On Over UCF Knights!
UCF Libraries resumes onsite services in a limited and flexible manner.
John C. Hitt Library Hours: Reopening Monday, August 24th
- Monday – Thursday: 8a – 6p
- Friday: 8a – 5p
- Saturday: 10a – 6p
- Sunday: Noon – 6p
CMC, Downtown, and Rosen (Branch Libraries): Reopening Monday, August 24th View All Hours
New Guidelines and Procedures
- Follow UCF’s COVID guidelines: wear face coverings, practice physical distancing, and wash hands frequently.
- Library hours are reduced to accommodate staggered or remote work schedules.
- Seating is identified as “do not sit” to achieve physical distancing. Please do not remove signs or rearrange furniture.
- Group study rooms are unavailable and in-person group work is discouraged due to health recommendations.
- Procedures for lending technology and course reserves are modified to reduce contamination.
- Some services are available virtually or by appointment only.
Academic resources are always available online.