The Downtown Campus Library is now open. The operating hours are given below on the Location & Hours tab.
- Follow UCF’s COVID guidelines: wear face coverings, practice physical distancing, and wash hands frequently.
- Library hours are reduced to accommodate staggered or remote work schedules.
- Seating is limited to achieve physical distancing. Please do not rearrange the furniture.
- Procedures for course reserves are modified to reduce contamination.
The Addition Financial Downtown Campus Library is located on the 2nd floor of the Dr. Phillips Academic Commons. The library provides information resources, integrated services, and technology to a diverse community of students, faculty, staff, and local residents. Through academic, professional, and community partnerships, the library supports student success, life-long learning, scholarly research, and teaching excellence.
The library houses a collection of print materials, provides access to all of UCF Libraries’ online resources, and has a welcoming study atmosphere. We strive to provide a seamless experience, maintaining the same level of service and the resources our users are accustomed to on the main campus. For a full list of the Libraries’ services, see our web page: https://library.ucf.edu/services/
Although our Subject Librarians will remain based at the main campus, they will travel downtown to meet with faculty and students as needed. In addition to the Subject Librarians, UCF and Valencia librarians and staff are available to assist users in the Downtown Campus Library. Quick online and telephone support is also provided by UCF’s Ask Us service.
Librarians serving the UCF/Valencia College Downtown community include:
- Corinne Bishop (Subject Librarian for School of Public Administration, Doctoral Program in Public Affairs)
- Richard Harrison (Subject Librarian for Department of Communication)
- Athena Hoeppner (Subject Librarian for Department of Games and Interactive Media)
- Rich Gause (Subject Librarian for Department of Legal Studies and Health Management & Informatics)
- Rachel Mulvihill (Head, Downtown Library)
- Angela Hall (Valencia Librarian)
The Addition Financial Downtown Campus Library is a branch of the UCF Libraries and offers the following services at this location:
- Checkout of books, DVDs, & course reserves
- Access to electronic resources, including databases, electronic books, journals, and videos
- Printing, copying, and scanning
- Research help: at our desk, or Ask Us via chat, phone, text, or email
- Borrowing from other libraries (Interlibrary Loan)
- Library instruction
Downtown Library Film Discussion: A Girl Walks Home Alone At NightPosted: June 18th, 2020
Downtown Library Book Club: The Glass CastlePosted: May 28th, 2020
Downtown Library Book Club: Little WomenPosted: May 7th, 2020
Downtown Library Feature: What’s a Poet Laureate?Posted: April 1st, 2020
Downtown Library Feature: Women’s History MonthPosted: March 11th, 2020
Downtown February Feature: Blind Date with a BookPosted: February 12th, 2020