The UCF Libraries’ Special Collections & University Archives and Digital Initiatives departments are pleased to announce the completion of a project to digitize the University of Central Florida’s student newspaper. The publication ran from 1968 to 2016. The newspaper’s first issue appeared on October 7, 1968, to coincide with the first day of classes at […]
STARS, Showcase of Text, Archives, Research & Scholarship, is an institution-wide digital repository managed by the UCF Libraries. By sharing intellectual and creative outputs in a central site in the cloud, STARS allows faculty and students to showcase their work and make outputs available to expand and enhance research, teaching, and learning.
What can you do with STARS?
- Share articles, white papers, presentations, posters, and other works
- Promote, review and publish student scholarship online
- Give faculty and scholars control of their online presence with SelectedWorks
- Showcase our institution’s visual resources with interactive image galleries
- Publish professional-grade online journals
- Display videos, audio, interactive maps, and real-time comments
- Instantly publish and archive books, chapters, and monographs to the web
- Promote and publish campus events online
- Provide access to institutional and historical documents
- Support faculty research data
Ready to get STARted?
Visit the submission page to upload your materials to existing collections.
Do you have an idea for a new project or collection? Let us know!
For additional information, comments, questions, or suggestions, email the STARS manager at STARS@ucf.edu or contact your Subject Librarian.
Top 10 Downloads
Recent News Posts
Congratulations to Lee Dotson for being named an Institutional Repository All-Star during the Digital Commons North American Conference 2021! Ms. Dotson is the interim department head for Technology Solutions & Digital Initiatives and has been the Repository Manager for STARS since it launched in 2015. UCF’s Lee Dotson was one of four 2021 IR All […]
With over 5.3 million downloads since 2015, STARS helps authors reach a worldwide audience by providing an online home for open access content! STARS, UCF’s Showcase of Text, Archives, Research & Scholarship, is the digital institutional repository of content by, for, or about the University of Central Florida. Everyday UCF authors use STARS to manage, […]