The UCF Libraries supports the rights of all individuals to:
- Receive friendly, courteous, honest, and respectful service;
- Have intellectual freedom, confidentiality, and fair and equitable access to information;
- Have a clean, comfortable, and pleasant environment;
- Use the library without threat of harm, invasion of property, or discrimination; and
- Address concerns through the appropriate library department head, library administrator, or University Ombudsman.
Contact the UCF Libraries Administration regarding concerns.
Related Policies & Statements
In support of these rights, the UCF Libraries endorses or aims to adhere to the following policies and statements.
- American Library Association Bill of Rights
- American Library Association Code of Ethics
- American Library Association Policy on Confidentiality of Library Records
- Family and Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- State Privacy Laws Regarding Library Records
- UCF Student Rights and Responsibilities (UCF Regulation 5.006)
- UCF Libraries’ Mission, Values, and Vision Statements
- UCF Statement of Collection and Use of Social Security Numbers