Reading Room Policies
1) All users must register and present valid photo identification before using materials. The registration form must be filled out completely and include current and correct contact information, institutional affiliation, and nature of project. Users must re-register at the beginning of each academic semester.
2) All coats, briefcases, parcels, packages, bags, and umbrellas must be checked. Users may only keep with them materials needed for note taking.
3) Only #2 pencils may be used for note taking.
4) Laptop computers are permitted (John C. Hitt Library has laptops available for checkout at the LibTech desk located on the 3rd floor).
5) Cell phones should be set to vibrate or turned off. They may be used in the stair wells only.
6) Food and drinks are NOT permitted in the Special Collections & University Archives reading room.
7) Special Collections & University Archives reserves the right to decide what materials in the collection are available for use and reproduction, and what form that reproduction may take. Fees may be assessed for photocopying, reproduction, and other use of Special Collections materials.
8) Materials in Special Collections & University Archives may be protected by US Copyright Law (Title 17, US Code), which governs reproduction, distribution, public display, and certain other uses of protected works. By producing photocopies, photo reproductions, digital images and electronic copies, Special Collections & University Archives does NOT convey the right to publish or reproduce Special Collections & University Archives materials. Permission to Publish must be obtained from the UCF Libraries Special Collections & University Archives Department in writing. See our copyright notice here.
9) Those failing to abide by these rules, including failure to give proper credit, may be denied access to Special Collections & University Archives materials and may be subject to other penalties as well.