1) All users must register and present valid photo identification before using materials. The
registration form must be filled out completely and include current and correct contact information,
institutional affiliation, and nature of project. Users must re-register at the beginning of each academic semester.
2) All coats, briefcases, parcels, packages, bags, and umbrellas must be checked. Users may only keep with them materials needed for note taking.
3) Only #2 pencils may be used for note taking.
4) Laptop computers are permitted (the library has laptops available for checkout at the AV/Serials desk located on the 3rd floor).
5) Cell phones should be set to vibrate or turned off. They may be used in the stair wells only.
6) Food and drinks are NOT permitted in the Special Collections reading room.
7) Special Collections reserves the right to decide what materials in the collection are available for use and reproduction, and what form that reproduction may take. Fees may be assessed for photocopying, reproduction, and other use of Special Collections materials.
8) Materials in Special Collections may be protected by US Copyright Law (Title 17, US Code), which governs reproduction, distribution, public display, and certain other uses of protected works. By producing photocopies, photo reproductions, digital images and electronic copies, Special Collections does NOT convey the right to publish or reproduce Special Collections materials. Permission to Publish must be obtained from the UCF Libraries Special Collections & University Archives Department in writing. See our copyright page here.
9) Those failing to abide by these rules, including failure to give proper credit, may be denied access to Special Collections materials and may be suject to other penalties as well.
Last updated December 06, 2011 12:57:54 PM