Renew your books, check your fines, access databases off-campus, access your ILL account, and more. If you do not have a NID, please visit our Alternate Logins page to login to the resource with a different method. Questions? Ask Us!
- View checked out items and due dates
- Renew books
- Place holds
Off Campus Access
- Online Journals
NOTE: if you are on campus, you are already authorized to use the above resources .
- Request books/articles from other libraries through Interlibrary Loan
- Use Document Delivery Services
Don’t have a NID? Try one of our Alternate Logins
NID Login Problems
If you have problems with the NID, Federated ID, login:
- Wait 20 minutes. Three failed login attempts on any account that uses your NID temporarily suspends your account:
- EZproxy, ILLiad, MyAccount, MyUCF , WebCourses, UCF_WAP2 wifi, email apps on devices, and UCF computers all use the NID.
- When you reset your password, be sure to change it on all your devices (smartphones, iPads, laptops, etc) and apps (e-mail, wireless, etc). If the devices or services keep trying the old password, your NID account will become locked.
- Temporary suspensions clear after 20 minutes.
- Reset your NID password. A misremembered password is most common login problem.
- If your NID account is still locking up, contact the UCF Service Desk at 407-823-5117, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Common Problems
- Only current UCF students and employees may log in to EZproxy.
- User is on-campus. EZproxy is intended for off-campus and for phones and devices not connected via UCF networks. Clicking a proxied link on campus will by-pass the log in and go directly to the content.
- Cookies. EZproxy requires the browser to accept cookies from ezproxy.net.ucf.edu.
- HOST problems. EZproxy connects to sites only if UCF has entered into a configuration file. Host errors happen when UCF’s EZproxy configuration is not set to handle the URL you are connecting to. Report Host errors to the eResources Support Team or try removing the EZproxy portion of the URL to access the content. Example:
- Link with EZproxy stem: https://login.ezproxy.net.ucf.edu/login?auth=shibb&url=http://journals.plos.org/plosbiology/
- Link with EZproxy in the middle: https://journals.plos.org.ezproxy.net.ucf.edu/plosbiology/
Link without EZproxy: http://journals.plos.org/plosbiology/
- Contact Ask Us for help with EZproxy.
LibX for EZproxy Links
LibX for Firefox and Google Chrome will give you easier access to UCF resources from anywhere! It adds EZproxy to links and pages on-the-fly.
- Go to UCF LibX Guide to install LibX and for help and information.
EZproxy and VPN
UCF’s VPN provides secure access to UCF’s servers and networks. It does not provide access to online library content. EZproxy can work along side the VPN to for access to library content. These recommended steps will ensure smooth access to Libraries subscriptions for VPN users:
- After you connect to UCF’s VPN, log in to EZproxy.
- Use links on the Libraries website to connect to databases and journals.
- Use LibX or the steps above to add EZproxy to links in email, search results, and other pages.
For questions about the VPN, go to UCF Virtual Private Network (VPN).
Not what you were looking for? Ask Us for help!