Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
This guide will explain how to request materials that are not owned by
the Universal Orlando Foundation Library. For more assistance, please
What You Need to Know
- Check With Us First - It is often a good idea to check with a librarian
before requesting materials from other libraries. We may be able to suggest other ways
of accessing the information you need.
- Who May Use It - Current UCF students, staff,
and faculty may use Interlibrary Loan (ILL).
- How Much Does It Cost - ILL requests are
generally free for current UCF students,
staff, and faculty. The ILL department will contact you in the rare event that an item
is too costly to obtain.
- What Can Be Borrowed - Most print items and photocopies of articles
can be borrowed from other libraries. The following types of items
generally cannot be borrowed from other libraries: entire issues of
journals, rare or fragile items, audiovisuals (unless held at a UCF library), books
designated as non-circulating (reference, reserve, special collections, etc.), photocopied
articles that exceed 50 pages, and course textbooks.
- How Long Does It Take - Materials requested from UCF-affiliated
libraries (main library, CMC, regional campus libraries, etc.) will generally
be delivered to Rosen within 2-5 business days, although longer delays are possible.
Articles requested from non-UCF libraries generally
take 3-7 business days to be delivered. Books requested from non-UCF libraries may take 15 or more
business days to be delivered. Longer delays are possible. Some materials cannot be
obtained through ILL at all; we’ll notify you if that occurs.
- For More Information - Visit the Interlibrary
Loan page for more ILL policies and procedures.
How to Submit an ILL Request - In Five Easy Steps
- From the Library homepage, click on the
Research Help link and then the Interlibrary Loan link.
- Click on the Login to ILLiad link.
You will be taken
directly into your account if you have previously set up an account. If this is your first time using ILL, you will be redirected to a
Note: During the account setup process, if you wish to pick up your
materials at the Rosen campus you must select Rosen under the
Delivery Location section.
- Once you have successfully logged on, choose "Article / Book
Chapter" or "Book / Media" from the New Request tab.
- Fill out the form completely as possible (author, title, etc.). Click Submit Request to complete
- Simply wait for the library to contact you - we will let you know when your materials
For more information about Interlibrary Loan or to inquire about the status of requested
materials, please visit the Interlibrary Loan page.
Go to: Rosen Research Guides
page | Rosen Library homepage
Rosen Research Guides | Hospitality Research: Interlibrary Loan
Last updated August 20, 2014 12:15:21 PM