The Research Lifecycle at UCF presents a unified model of campus-wide support and services available to UCF researchers. The model was designed by the UCF Libraries’ Research Lifecycle Committee with inspiration from OpenWetWare’s Research Cycle.
What Makes the Research Lifecycle at UCF Unique
Compared to many other research lifecycles and research data models, the Research Lifecycle at UCF is unique in that it:
- is built at the institutional level;
- includes institutional research support services and places emphasis on connecting the researcher to these service points;
- illustrates a typical research model in addition to a distinct suite of services for funded research;
- facilitates strategic planning and a campus-wide solution to researcher needs;
- promotes infrastructure building;
- encourages partnerships.