Online Journals & Hosting
The UCF Libraries provides publishing support for UCF affiliated or UCF faculty-edited open access e-journals. The service is a collaboration of the UCF Libraries and the Florida Virtual Campus.
In an effort to support broader dissemination of scholarship, a number of services for electronic scholarly journals are available under the Florida Online Journals (Florida OJ) program. Using the Open Journal Systems (OJS) open source publishing software, we can help you publish electronic journals from scratch and host electronic journals in Florida OJ.
“OJS is open source software made freely available to journals worldwide for the purpose of making open access publishing a viable option for more journals, as open access can increase a journal’s readership as well as its contribution to the public good on a global scale.”
Open Journal Systems can be downloaded from the OJS site and installed to a server to allow you to host journals for you and your colleagues.
Benefits of OJS & Florida OJ
- Free platform and technical support
- Editors can have authors submit manuscripts, can edit the manuscripts, and can publish to the web
- Search and browse features for hosted journals
- Indexing with the Directory of Open Access Journals
- RSS feeds, automatic email notifications for users, and other features
- Access restrictions if necessary
- Automatic integration with the Florida Digital Archive to preserve your electronic content
More Information About Open Access Journals
There are two basic features of an open-access journal:
- Provides free, immediate, online access to the full text of all articles published in the journal.
- Permits article authors to retain key rights to their works, requesting only the license to distribute …(i.e. a license that complies with the Budapest and/or Bethesda definitions of -Open Access).
- Florida Online Journals
- Guides for OA journal publishers
- Free and open-source journal management software
- SPARC Open-access Journal Publishing Resources Index
- How to make your research open access : For publishers of student authored or edited journals
- Digital Scholarship – UCF
- Open Access Hosting – UCF