Vision, Mission, Values
The University of Central Florida Libraries, a center for discovery and intellectual enlightenment, offers outstanding resources and services in support of a large metropolitan research university. The Libraries partners with academic, professional, and local communities in sharing and developing resources, and fostering life-long learning and information skills.
By providing information resources and services, facilities and technology, the University of Central Florida Libraries supports learning and teaching, research, creation of knowledge, intellectual growth, and enrichment of the academic experience.
The values and principles that guide the Libraries’ decisions and actions include a commitment to:
- Intellectual freedom, confidentiality, and fair and equitable access to information.
- Respect, honesty, fairness, and ethical practices in all interactions.
- American Library Association’s Bill of Rights and Code of Ethics.
- Diversity and inclusiveness of people, information resources, and services.
- Collective and individual responsibility for excellence and quality.
- Collaboration, collegiality, and open communication.
- Innovation, creativity, risk-taking, initiative, and problem-solving.