Seminole State College/UCF Joint-Use Library at Sanford/Lake Mary
Access to Resources:
- ON CAMPUS-A log-on (username and password) is required to use PCs in the library
and open computer lab. UCF students may pick up their log-on information at the
UCF offices located in Building R. Office hours are: Monday through Thursday 8:00
a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m. until noon. (Note: A new log-on is issued
- OFF CAMPUS Most proprietary databases can be accessed from off-campus using EZProxy
and require only an activated UCF ID card and library number. The UCF library number
may be activated by:
Additional information is available from the UCF Ask-A-Librarian web page at:
- Checking out materials,
- Visiting or calling the circulation desk at the UCF Library in Orlando
- Using the online activation request form at:
- SCC/UCF Joint-Use Library, Lake Mary: Audio-visual materials are available to students
in the media services AV viewing and listening in library. Some videos check out
for 2 days. Videos on reserve can be requested at the Circulation Desk and are usually
viewed in the library.
- UCF Library-Orlando campus: Media materials and equipment are located on the third
- SCC/UCF Joint-Use Library, Lake Mary: You need a UCF ID card or one other source
of identification to check out materials from the Joint-Use Library. You may borrow
books (no limit) for a period of three weeks. You may renew items one time. No fines
are assessed on general collection materials. For lost or damaged items, you will
be charged the replacement cost, plus a nonrefundable service fee of $5.00.
- UCF Library - Orlando Campus: You need a UCF ID card to check out materials
from the library. There is no limit on the number of books you can check out. Undergraduates
may borrow items for 3 weeks; graduate students may borrow items for 8 weeks. You
may renew items if no hold has been placed on them. Fines for overdue materials
are 25 cents per day. For lost or damaged items, you will be billed replacement
cost. You may renew and return items borrowed from the UCF Library in Orlando at
the SCC/UCF Joint-Use Library in Lake Mary.
Back to Top
- UCF's catalog can be searched online
from the UCF Library web page (http://library.ucf.edu). Databases
that index and provide access to full text journal, magazine and newspaper articles
are also provided.
is the library catalog for Florida community colleges. It identifies the books
and journals available in the SCC libraries, and can be accessed from the SCC’s
library's web page (http://www.scc-fl.edu/lrc).
- You may borrow items from other libraries by filling out the UCF
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) form available on the Internet (http://library.ucf.edu/ill).
You also need to fill out the ILL form to borrow items from the UCF Library in Orlando
to SCC. Be sure to indicate where you want the material sent.
Back to Top
- SCC/UCF Joint-Use Library, Lake Mary: The UCF Librarian at Lake Mary conducts general
and subject-specific library instruction classes. Individual, one-on-one sessions
can also be requested. Call 407-708-2305 for details and to schedule classes.
- UCF Library-Orlando campus: Online tutorials, the Internet Workshop Series, and
Personalized Electronic Research Consultations are among the training programs provided.
To arrange for library instruction sessions, contact the Coordinator of Bibliographic
Instruction at 407-823-5880.
PC Software Applications:
- UCF students have access to a variety of computer software packages, such as: Microsoft
Office, Photo- shop, Oracle, and Health Applications, as well as the Internet and
email, in the Computer Lab located in the library.
- SCC/UCF Joint-Use Library, Lake Mary: Printing/copying services are available in
the library using a valid debit card purchased from a vending machine at the circulation
desk. Computer print outs and photocopies cost 10 cents each.
- UCF Library-Orlando campus: Photocopy machines are located on every floor of the
library. Photocopies are 10 cents per page. Black and white printing (from PCs)
cost 10 cents per page and a UCFCard or
Visitor Smart card must be used. Your UCFCard can also be used with the photocopy
machines. There is also a color photocopier and printer available.
- SCC/UCF Joint-Use Library, Lake Mary: Items on reserve can be requested at the Circulation
Desk. Request an item by course name, number, or professor. Loan periods vary and
usually depend on the faculty member. Most reserve materials circulate for 2 hours.
A $5.00 service fee will be charged for each reserve item not returned on time.
- UCF Library-Orlando campus: Most reserve materials circulate for 2 hours. Fines
for reserve items are billed at a rate of 25 cents per hour.
- One self-service scanner is available in the Open Computer Lab located in the library.
- Peggy Gunnell (407-708-2863) is the full time UCF librarian at Sanford/Lake
Back to Top
Back to Joint-Use Library page
Last updated July 09, 2013 12:05:26 PM