Valencia/UCF Libraries at Osceola and West Orlando
- You will need Adobe® Acrobat® Reader® to read this report.
Download a free version of
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader®
- UCF students and faculty at West Orlando and Osceola, may access library services
and resources offered at their respective UCF campus. Services and resources offered
at the main library in Orlando are also available to all UCF students and faculty
irrespective of their campus affiliation.
- A UCF ID card enables access to
UCF’s databases through
EZ Proxy. Additional information is
available from the Ask-A-Librarian service.
- If you are unable to visit a campus to get a UCF ID and you are a UCF distance learner,
or if you are unable to get a UCF ID, you may request a
Library ID number
or calling the UCF circulation desk at 407-823-2580.
The ID number can be used to access UCF Electronic Resources and other library services.
- West Orlando and Osceola: Some videos check-out for three weeks. Videos on reserve
can be requested at the Circulation Desk (Osceola) or the Service Desk (West Orlando)
and are viewed in the library. Media materials and equipment are located on the
floor of the libraries at the audio-visual department.
- West Orlando and Osceola: UCF students and faculty may check-out library materials
at the Regional Campus provided they have a reciprocal borrower ID card issued from
the Valencia College campus. The reciprocal borrower ID card is issued
provided the individual has a valid UCF ID card, and one other source of identification
that indicates their current address (e.g., Florida driver’s license). Depending
on the campus, 10-25 items may be checked out for three weeks
(four weeks for faculty). Successive renewals
are granted twice. Fines for overdue materials are 25 cents per day per item. For
lost items, students and faculty will be billed for the cost of replacement plus
a $5.00 processing fee.
Back to the top of the page
- West Orlando and Osceola: The UCF Librarian conducts general and subject-specific
library instruction. Individual instruction sessions can also be requested.
PC Software Applications:
- West Orlando and Osceola: UCF students at West Orlando and Osceola have access to
a variety of computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
and Access. Internet and email access is also available at these locations.
- West Orlando and Osceola: Printing/copying services are available in the library
using a “rechargeable” print card purchased for $1.00 in the library. Computer print-outs
and photocopies cost 10 cents each for black and white and 50 cents each for color
- West Orlando and Osceola: Items on reserve can be requested at the Circulation Desk
(Osceola) or Service Desk (West Orlando). Request an item by course name, number,
or professor. The loan period for reserve material varies. Reserve fines range from
25 cents per hour to $1.20 per hour with maximum fines up to $100.00. Videos on
reserve at Osceola may be requested at the AV services desk.
- West Orlando: Self-service scanners are available in the Computer Lab on the 1st
- Osceola: Self-service scanners are available in the Learning Center 3-100.
- Carrie Moran (407-582-4154) is the UCF librarian at the
Osceola Campus. Min Tong (407-582-1432) is the UCF librarian at the West
Orlando Campus on Wednesdays.
Back to the top of the page
Last updated May 15, 2013 2:33:43 PM