During the month of February, Alzo J. Reddick, educator and politician, is honored with a display in the John C. Hitt Library, mounted by UCF’s Africana Studies Department. You may recognize Alzo Reddick’s name as the creator of UCF’s Soldiers to Scholars program. But take a look at the exhibit: you’ll see the important roles Alzo Reddick has played in Florida throughout his career.
The Burnett Honors College and the UCF Libraries are awarding $1000 to recognize two outstanding library research papers or projects by Honors students in any discipline:
– $500 for the best paper/project at the lower division level (courses 1xxx or 2xxx)
– $500 for the best paper/project at the upper division level (course 3xxx or 4xxx)
The prizes will be awarded to the individual winner or will be divided equally among the members of the winning team (for team projects or papers).
For more information, visit the Information Fluency Awards page from the Burnett Honors College.
Rosen Library’s study rooms (120K, 120J, and 120H) can now be reserved online! Just visit http://library.ucf.edu/studyrooms/ and click “Reserve a Study Room.” Rooms are available for currently enrolled UCF students and can be reserved for a maximum of two hours per day. A valid UCF ID card or government issued ID is required for checkout at the Rosen Library front desk. Have questions about booking a study room at the Rosen Library? Contact us!
Learn French with our newest resource: Mango Languages!
- Over 60 languages–Arabic to Yiddish
- English for Non-Speakers for 17 languages
- Special thematic & cultural modules, e.g., legal & medical Spanish, Brazilian & Spanish soccer, Oktoberfest German
- Film-based learning for Mandarin Chinese, English for Spanish Speakers, French, German, Italian, Japanese, and Latin American Spanish
- Online web-based platform with no downloads or installations needed
- Off-line access by downloading lessons to app on your mobile device
- Learn through conversations with memory building exercises
- Goal-based learning: conversational & grammar goals
- Cultural & grammar insights sprinkled into lessons
- Interactive words & phrases with semantic color mapping
- Pronunciation helpers with phonetic popups & audio
- Record your speech & compare it to audio from a native speaker
Students, Faculty, and Staff can create free accounts to track progress.