Climate & Weather Resources
- General Resources, Auroras, Climatic Changes & Global Warming, Cyclones, Droughts, El
Niño, Floods, Frost, Ice, Snow, Hurricanes, Meteorology, Natural Disasters, Rainbow, Space
Weather, Storms, Temperature, Tides, Tornadoes, Typhoons, Wind Chill
(UCF access only)
- Provides files for Monthly Climatic Data for the World, Storm Data,
Local Climatological Data, Climatological Data, Hourly Precipitation
Data, and Heating & Cooling Degree Day Data. Select the
Free access by certain agencies and individuals link to
obtain the full reports.
- To retrieve Local Climatological Data, you need to know the correct
The Florida stations are:
|DAB - Daytona Beach Regional Airport
||KYW - Key West International Airport
||TLH - Tallahassee Municipal Airport
|FMY - Fort Myers
||MIA - Miami International Airport
||TPA - Tampa International Airport
|GNV - Gainesville Municipal Airport
||MCO - Orlando International Airport
||VRB - Vero Beach Municipal Airport
|JAX - Jacksonville International Airport
||PNS - Pensacola Regional Airport
||PBI - West Palm Beach International Airport
- The UCF Library has paper or microfiche copies of some earlier issues of these publications
in the US Documents Collection, including:
- Climatological Data - Florida [US DOCS C55.214/8:]
- Local Climatological Data - Orlando [US DOCS C55.217:]
Climatic Data and Weather Observations
Historic Data for Florida Stations
Fires and Storms in Florida
Water Resources of Florida
- Orlando Subdistrict (USGS)
- Weather America [REF QC983.W385 1996] provides key climatological data, with
rankings, for over 4,000 places in the United States based on observations from 1965-1994.
- Weather of U.S. Cities [REF QC983.W393 1996] provides a guide to the recent
weather histories of 268 key cities and weather observation stations in the United States
and its island territories.
- Engineering Weather Data [REF TH7015.K54 2001] is intended to be a comprehensive,
single weather data resource including all data commonly used for building systems design
and energy analysis for 375 United States, Canadian and worldwide cities.
Includes BIN data, degree days, ventilation energy consumption, humidification water
consumption, heat recovery savings, economizer savings, and ASHRAE design conditions.
"The time period of coverage ranges from the 1830s through the 1970s with most data
from the period prior to 1960. Each series typically includes observations for a number
of meteorological and other geophysical parameters."
"covers research related to analysis and prediction of observed and modeled circulations
of the atmosphere, including technique development, data assimilation, model validation,
and relevant case studies. This includes papers on numerical techniques and data assimilation
techniques that apply to the atmosphere and/or ocean environment."
Looking for something else? Ask for assistance
at the UCF Library's Reference Desk.
Prepared by: Rich Gause, Government
URL of this page: http://library.ucf.edu/govdocs/climate/
Last updated October 13, 2011 9:27:08 AM