Functional Federal Internet Site
The new version of this Web page is available at:
The purpose of this page is to provide links to the most frequently utilized Federal Internet
- In the news... the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) is replacing
the Standard Industrial Classification (SIC). Read all about it in the Bureau of the Census'
NAICS Webpage (http://www.census.gov/epcd/www/naics.html).
Agencies and Commissions (Independent)
- Access all independent Federal agencies' and commissions' homepages via this link. For
example, the Central Intelligence Agency, Federal Trade Commission, and National Science
- Census Bureau
- Search the Census Bureau's continuously expanding library of on-line documents and files
for various kinds of population statistics.
- Congressional Compass
(UCF access only)
- Access the wealth of CIS Legislative Histories, congressional publications, and other
information from the Congressional Information Service, Inc. .
- Copyright Office
- The US Copyright Office has information about the copyright application process, downloadable
copyright application forms,
and the full-text of the Copyright
Information Circulars. Be sure to read
as it provides overview of the copyright process, fees, duration of protection,and information
about the various application forms.
- Access all Federal departments' homepages.
- Executive Branch
- Search Executive Branch homepages.
- A comprehensive access point for locating and acquiring government information.
- GPO Access
- Search the following full-text databases: Congressional Record, Economic Indicators,
Federal Register, Code of Federal Regulations, Public Laws, Government Accounting Office
Reports, Government Information Locator Service Reports, Government Manual, History of Bills....
- IRS Tax
- View, print, and download Federal tax forms. Tax forms and publications in the PDF format
can be viewed, navigated and printed from a workstation using
from Adobe Systems, Inc.
- Judicial Branch
- Access opinions of the US Supreme Court, US Court of Appeals, and US Federal Courts.
- Labor Statistics
- An excellent source for national and local area employment statistics, such as: hours
and earnings, employee benefits survey, occupational injury and illness rates, unemployment
rates and profiles, collective bargaining agreements, Consumer Price Indexes, Producer Price
Indexes, and International Price Indexes
- Legislative Branch
- Homepages of the House and Senate.
- The National Library of Medicine's MEDLINE file contains bibliographic citations and
author abstracts from over 3,800 current biomedical journals published in the United States
and 70 foreign countries. The file contains over 8.6 million records dating back to 1966.
Coverage is worldwide, but most records are from English-language sources or have English
- National Technical Information Service: products, catalogs, ordering, information tools,
search, news, organization, services, etc.
- Patent and Trademark Office
- Information about how to register patents and trademarks, search U.S. Patents, search
U.S. AIDS Patents, download PTO forms, determine PTO fees, order copies of patents and trademarks.
- Search Engines
- Use the following search engines to find information:
- Securities and Exchange
Commission (SEC) Filings
- Full-text SEC filings for companies in the archive of EDGAR documents.
- STAT-USA (UCF
- Includes export and international trade information, NTDB, Market Research Reports,
Country Commercial Guide, International Contacts, Export Yellow Pages, Archive of Histori
cal Trade Leads, U.S. Imports by Commodity, U.S. Exports by Commodity, U.S. Imports by Country,
U.S. Exports by Country, Trade Opportunity Leads, Industry Sector Analysis, International
Market Insights, Business Cycle Indicators, Daily Economic Business and Trade News, etc.
- Legislative information on the Internet.
Please send comments and suggestions regarding this page to Pete Spyers-Duran,
Documents Area Homepage
Last updated October 13, 2011 9:26:08 AM