Get Full Text: Menus and Results
The menu window has three parts:
- the upper area shows a citation with information about the journal article,
- the middle area, shows Options for Getting the Text of an article,
- the last part shows More Information and Services. To see all the options
click the plus sign
Example Menu: Options for Getting the Text
(click the image to see the interactive menu)
Options for getting the full text include any full text sources that probably have the article.
There is also a link to search the catalog for the journal. If there is no full text you will
see a link to request the article via ILL.
When you click the plus sign
you will see several services and searches.
Example SFX Menu: More Information and Services
- Citation Linker - enter a search for a specific article.
- EndNote and
RefWorks - send the citation directly to software to manage your bibliography.
- Citation and Persistent Link - display the citation in the style of
your choice, including MLA, APA, Chicago, or other popular styles. The URL for the menu
is also displayed.
- Ulrich's - search for detailed information about the journal.
- Web of Science - find more articles from the same author that appear
in scholarly journals.
- Google Scholar - search Google's index of scholarly websites and articles.
You might not be able to get to the full article that Google finds.
- Copyright Clearance Center - seek permission to use the article in
Course Reserves, Course Packs, or other distributed materials.
Last updated October 03, 2011 11:12:31 AM